SAT4M2M and Fujitsu Electronics plan to cooperate on the design, development and production of a new range of low power, wide area (LPWA) modules for IoT applications, using a satellite-based network.
SAT4M2M develops LPWA space-based connectivity to address emerging IoT applications. SAT4M2M supports the European Union (EU), European Space Agency (ESA), European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the German space agency DLR and industry partners.
The LPWA modules will have the following features:
- Communication to low earth orbit (LEO) satellite payloads using the SAT4M2M protocol and patents
- Global coverage with several IoT messages per day
- High capacity capability, serving thousands of connected objects simultaneously
- Low battery consumption with more than five years of autonomous operation using small batteries
- Easy integration with terrestrial LPWA solutions such as Sigfox, LoRa, Weightless and NB-IoT
- Easy integration with global navigation satellite systems, including GPS, Glonass and Galileo
- Easy integration with sensors using SPI and I2C protocols.