Rakon has released new Oven Controlled SAW Oscillators in a miniature 25.4 mm x 22 mm x 12.7 mm SMD package, currently available in 400, 500, 600 and 800 MHz, and 1 and 1.2 GHz, all designed to be soldered by reflow.
Among them, the new LNO800E1 is a low noise, low power Oven Controlled, Voltage Controlled, SAW Oscillator (OCVCSO) operating at 800 MHz and powered by a low +5 V supply. The 800 MHz signal is generated from a 400 MHz fundamental frequency, followed by a low noise frequency doubler.
This product series is designed for ground-based and shipboard RADAR, test equipment and airborne systems where size and weight are critical.
- Excellent phase noise performance (typical values):
- 137 dBc/Hz at 1 kHz offset
- 160 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset
- 167 dBc/Hz noise floor
- Broadband jitter < 10 fs (frequency offset: 10 kHz to 100 MHz)
- Instrumentation and test equipment
- Ground-based and shipboard RADAR
- Light weight airborne systems (e.g. UAV)