The final programme for the next ARMMS RF & Microwave Society conference has been announced, with the development and implementation of millimeter wave (mmWave) 5G technology at the fore of the ANSYS-sponsored event, taking place 13–14 November 2017 at Wyboston Lakes, Bedfordshire, U.K.
In addition to mmWave 5G, the programme covers a wide range of subjects that address key areas of activity in the RF and microwave sector, offered by a healthy mix of academic and industry presenters:
- Mind the Gap' . . . Establishing Measurement Capability in the Terahertz Gap Region - from 0.1 THz to 1.1 THz, Nick Ridler, NPL
- 3D Printed Circuits for RF and Microwave Applications, Xiaobang Shang, Birmingham University
- 5G mmWave Implementation Options, Chris Clifron, Sony
- The Design of a Dual-Band PA for mmWave 5G Applications, Liam Devlin and Stuart Glynn, Plextek RFI
- Antenna Beam Steering Without Phase Shifters - an 'Old' Technique Revisited, Eddie Ball and Alan Tennant, University of Sheffield
- Can Lower Q Resonators Produce Better Filters? John Kitchen, SJTechnologie
- High Efficiency Microwave Power Amplifiers for Portable Haemostasis Application, Abdul Moiz Ahmed Pirkani*, Shaun Preston**, Christopher I Duff*, Christopher Hancock**, *The University of Manchester, **Bangor University
- High Gain, Multi-stage GaN Line-up for Ultra-compact Design, Chris Harris, Wolfspeed
- High-resolution Thermoreflectance Imaging of Power Microwave Transistors, Peter Aean, Surrey University
- Microwaves, Metamaterials and Additive Manufacturing, Darren Cadman, Loughborough University
- Millimetre Wave Band Propagation Studies for 5G Networks, Sana Salous, Durham University
- Millimetre Wave Point to Multipoint Enabled by a Novel W-Band Travelling Wave Tube, Claudio Paoloni, Lancaster University
- On Wafer and Package Test with an Industrial Solution for MMIC Components, Jean-Francois Provost, UMS
- Review of Filter Bank Techniques - RF and Digital, John Lillington, Libra Design Associates Limited
- Schottky Diode Based Frequency Sources to 360 GHz, Jeff Powell, Colin Veigas, Hairui Lui and Byron Alderman, Teratech Components Ltd
- The Design of 1 kW GaN Solid State Power Amplifier at 2.45 GHz, Avtar Virdee, Microwave Technology Ltd
As well as being a platform for the latest technology to be discussed, each twice yearly ARMMS conference provides an important networking opportunity. A highlight of each meeting is the society dinner, which takes place on Monday evening and provides an invaluable opportunity to meet like-minded colleagues.
As always, the conference will be complemented by a small commercial exhibition.
For more information, visit the ARMMS web-site: www.armms.org