NI AWR Design Environment will be showcased at multiple events during European Microwave Week 2016 (EuMW 2016), from October 4-6 in London. NI AWR software demonstrations on display in Booth #4 include the latest applications featuring load pull, radar systems, antenna design, AWR Connected™ third-party integration flows and the newest product in the NI AWR design software portfolio, AntSyn™ , a cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) for antenna synthesis and optimization solution. Booth visitors will also be treated to a special sneak peek of select new features in the upcoming V13 release.
Other EuMW activities include:
- MicroApps presentations at Stand #17
- Bits-to-Waves Practical Workshop hosted by North Carolina State University (NCSU) Professor David Ricketts on Thursday, October 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Third annual NI-sponsored RF and Microwave PA Forum on Wednesday, October 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Happy Hour in Booth #4 on Tuesday, October 4 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Sixth annual AWR Design Forum (ADF 2016) / User Group Meeting on Tuesday, October 4 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
MicroApps Presentations – Stand #17
- Tues. 1:30 p.m. - Overview of 5G: Addressing the Requirements of Next-Generation Communications Systems
- Wed. 2:30 p.m. - Phased-Array Antenna Simulation for 5G
- Wed. 4:00 p.m. - Multiple Simulation Technologies for Multi-Chip Module Verification and Yield Optimization
- Thur. 12:00 p.m. - An Integrated Model-Based Platform for Radar Design and Test
Visit EuMW 2016 MicroApps for details.
ADF 2016 / User Group Meeting – Tuesday, October 4
Customer presentations include:
- Advanced Gallium Nitride (GaN) Transistor Modeling for High-Power Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs), Dr. Jonathan Leckey, MACOM
- GaN MMIC and Packaging Design at Thales UK, Rashed Fazaldin, Thales
- System-Level Simulation Using a Simplified Multi-harmonic Volterra (MHV) Power Amplifier (PA) Model, Dr. Tony Gasseling, AMCAD Engineering
- A New Nonlinear Modeling Approach for the Analysis of Massive Multiple-In-Multiple-Out (MIMO) and Phased-Array Transmitter Impairments, Dr. Christian Fager, Chalmers University
- A Cooperative Software and Measurement Framework for RF PA Design and Linearization, Genevieve Baudoin, ESIEE Paris
Visit ADF at EuMW for details and to register.
RF/Microwave Power Amplifier (PA) Forum – Wednesday, October 5
Focusing on device technologies, characterization, modeling, and end-use applications of RF and microwave power amplifiers (PAs), this forum is segmented into sequential sessions to allow attendees to selectively attend any / all presentation topics of interest, which include:
- Dr. Steve C. Cripps’ Keynote: Clipping Harmonic Contours - A New RF PA Design Tool
- Source Pull and Device Performance
- Polyharmonic Distortion (EPHD) Transistor Models
- Load Pull
- High-Power, High-Frequency Applications
- Amplifier Design and Advanced Synthesis
Visit RF/Microwave PA Forum for details and to register.
Hands-on Workshop – Thursday, October 6
From Bits to Waves: Building a Modern Digital Radio in One Day - In this fun and interactive workshop that features the use of NI AWR software, participants will learn the basic theory of modern digital radios, as well as the RF circuits and systems used to build them.
- Participants need only a basic background in RF circuits, such as S-parameters and basic transmission line theory.
- Example designs will be available to ensure that everyone, from the most advanced RF designer to the student, will be successful.
- Bring only your laptop. All other materials and equipment (software and PCB fabrication-in-a-bag) will be provided.
Registration is required as space is limited. For details and to register, visit Bits to Waves Workshop.
For a full listing of all NI AWR software activities at EuMW 2016, visit: awrcorp.com/eumw2016.
About NI AWR Software
NI AWR Design Environment software portfolio includes RF/microwave electronic design automation (EDA) tools such as Visual System Simulator™ for system design, Microwave Office/Analog Office for microwave/RF circuit design, and AXIEM and Analyst™ for electromagnetic analysis. NI AWR software tools help design engineers to dramatically reduce development time and cost for components, circuits, systems and subsystems employed in wireless, high-speed wired, broadband, aerospace and defense, and electro-optical applications. Learn more at ni.com/awr.