1.8–500 MHz, 50 V LDMOS transistor builds on success of NXP’s 1250 W MRFE6VP61K25H
Richardson RFPD Inc. announced the availability and full design support capabilities for a new LDMOS transistor from NXP Semiconductors.
The MRF1K50H builds on the success of NXP's 1250 W MRFE6VP61K25H, delivering 1500 W CW at 50 V, along with superior ruggedness and thermal performance. The MRF1K50H can reduce the number of transistors in high-power RF amplifiers - decreasing amplifier size and BOM. It operates up to 500 MHz for a broad range of applications, from laser and plasma sources to particle accelerators, industrial welding machines, radio and VHF TV broadcast transmitters, and amateur radio linear amplifiers.
According to NXP, additional key features of the MRF1K50H include:
- High drain-source avalanche energy absorption capability
- Unmatched input and output allows wide frequency range utilization
- Versatile for singled-ended use or push-pull configuration
- Characterized from 30 to 50 V for ease-of-use
- Suitable for linear applications
- Integrated ESD protection with greater negative gate-source voltage range for improved Class C operation
- Recommended driver: MRFE6VS25N (25 W)
- Lower thermal resistance part available: MRF1K50N
To find more information, or to purchase this product today online, please visit the MRF1K50H webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937.