ANADIGICS, Inc., a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, introduced the AWL5911 power amplifier (PA) optimized for 802.11a/n/ac Wi-Fi infrastructure and multimedia applications. The new AWL5911 delivers an industry-leading combination of linearity, efficiency, gain and thermal characteristics, while minimizing external components. These performance and integration advantages help 802.11ac Wave 2 solutions enable multi-user multi-input/multi-output (MU-MIMO) functionality, take advantage of 160 MHz channels, and make use of an additional transmit spatial stream. When employed, these features can provide higher data throughput at greater range and coverage than existing Wave 1 solutions.
"The new features available with Wave 2 promise to enrich the experience for Wi-Fi users connected to an expanding array of infrastructure and multimedia devices," said Dave Cresci, president of ANADIGICS. "ANADIGICS' family of 802.11ac Wi-Fi power amplifiers is enabling this trend by delivering exceptional linearity, output power and gain to enable ultra-high data throughput. With world-class efficiency, enhanced thermal characteristics and outstanding integration, the AWL5911 supports high-performance multi-user MIMO designs, while reducing BOM costs and minimizing PCB space requirements. We believe that these advantages are being recognized and valued with specification on leading reference designs."
ANADIGICS' family of 802.11ac WiFi power amplifiers for infrastructure applications leverages the Company's patented InGaP-Plus™ technology and unique design architectures to offer world-class performance and integration. The AWL5911 power amplifier delivers exceptional linearity, 33 dB of linear power gain and 1.8 percent EVM at 22 dBm output power to ensure stable, reliable high-throughput WiFi connectivity in the toughest modulation formats. The AWL5911 also features an internal digital PA enable interface that eliminates the need for an external buffer amplifier, as well as an integrated detector that facilitates accurate power control over varying load conditions (3:1 VSWR). This level of integration reduces surface mount passive components and simplifies RF design, saving valuable board space, reducing bill of materials, and accelerating time-to-market.
ANADIGICS 802.11ac WiFi Infrastructure Power Amplifier Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- High gain and output power levels to ensure optimal performance in infrastructure and multimedia applications
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- High-accuracy, integrated power detector to ensure accurate power control over varying load conditions and extend dynamic range
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- CMOS-compatible control interface to improve ease of use
- Compact 4 x 4 x 0.8 mm QFN package with RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms and DC blocked to reduce PCB space requirements
For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.