- Buyers Guide
DC to 6 GHz SDR
Crimson is a flexible, wideband, high gain Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform that comes equipped with four independent receive and four independent transmit chains, each capable of up to 322 MHz of RF bandwidth to 6 GHz. At the core of the digital front, Crimson is powered by an AlteraTM Arria V FPGA (5ASTMD3E3F31I3N) with an on-chip, dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, and comes with a high stability internal reference clock.
Crimson has an RF tuning range of 100 kHz to 6 GHz with receive gain of 67 dB, SFDR of 55 dB at 200 MHz, SNR up to 73 dB and P1dB of -11 dBm. The transmit power is 10 dBm maximum at 6 GHz with P1dB of 14 dBm and SFDR of 61 dB from DC to 500 MHz.
- Operating frequency from DC to 6 GHz (MF-HF-VHF-UF)
- Over 1200 MHz of RF bandwidth across four independent, controllable Rx channels, and over 1200 MHz across four independent, controllable Tx channels
- Low noise and high dynamic range
- High stability internal reference clock (± 5 ppb)
- On-board Altera ST FPGA with ARM processor
- Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet back-haul
- Near real-time signals analysis
- Signal recording and spectrum monitoring
- Spectrum allocation analysis
- Multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO) applications
- Mobile backhaul and base stationWideband communications