- Buyers Guide
Linear Technology Corp. announces the LT3062, a high voltage, low noise, low dropout voltage linear regulator. The IC delivers up to 200 mA continuous output current with a 300 mV dropout voltage at full load. The LT3062 features a wide input voltage range of 1.6 to 45V, delivering adjustable output voltages from 0.6 to 40 V. A single capacitor provides both programmable ultralow noise operation - only 30µVRMS across a 10 Hz to 100 kHz bandwidth - and reference soft-start functionality, preventing output voltage overshoot at turn-on. The LT3062’s output voltage tolerance is highly accurate at ±2 percent over line, load and temperature. The device’s wide input and output voltage ranges, fast transient response, low quiescent current of 40 µA (operating) and <1 µA (in shutdown) make it ideal for portable battery-powered systems that require optimum run time, and for automotive, industrial and avionic power supply applications.
The LT3062 operates with a small, low cost, ceramic output capacitor, optimizing stability and transient response. It is stable with only a 3.3 µF output capacitor. These tiny external capacitors can be used without the necessary addition of series resistance (ESR) as is common with many other regulators. The LT3062’s internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, reverse-output protection, reverse-current protection, current limit with foldback and thermal limiting.
The LT3062 is offered in thermally enhanced 8-lead 2 x 3 mm DFN and MSOP packages, ensuring a compact footprint. The E- and I- grade versions feature an operating junction temperature of -40° to +125°C, the high reliability H-grade is specified from -40° to +150° C and the military MP-grade operates from -55° to +150°C. 1,000 piece pricing starts at $1.60 each for the DFN and MSOP packages for E-grade. All devices are available from stock. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3062.
- Output Current: 200 mA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300 mV
- Low Noise: 30 µVRMS (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 40 µA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.6 to 45 V
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 0.6 to 40 V
- Output Tolerance: ±2% Over Load, Line & Temperature
- Single Capacitor Soft-Starts Reference & Lowers Output Noise
- Stable with 3.3µF Ceramic Capacitor
- Low Shutdown Current <1µA
- Reverse Battery, Reverse-Output & Reverse-Current Protection
- Thermal Limiting & Current Limiting with Foldback
- Thermally Enhanced 8-lead 2mm x 3mm DFN & MSOP Packages