- Buyers Guide
µModule® Converter: LTM8046
Linear Technology Corp., introduces the LTM8046, a 2.5 W output DC/DC µModule® (micromodule) converter with 2 kVAC galvanic isolation (production tested to 3 kVDC) in a 9 mm x 15 mm x 4.92 mm ball grid array (BGA) package. A minimum creepage distance of 4.3 mm on the package exterior supports operation at a working voltage up to 400 VRMS in a pollution degree 2 environment.*
The isolated transformer, control circuitry, power switches, and a modest amount of input and output capacitance are encased in the BGA package. The UL60950 recognized (file# 464570) LTM8046, combined with three 1206 case size or smaller ceramic capacitors and one 0603 size resistor, comprise a highly compact solution for isolated applications such as industrial, transportation and instrumentation equipment.
The isolated µModule converter operates from an input voltage of 3.1V to 31V, delivering a regulated output voltage on the secondary side, adjustable from 1.8V to 12V with ±5% accuracy over temperature. Whether the input voltage is above, below or equal to the desired output voltage, the internal flyback architecture enables the LTM8046 to maintain output voltage regulation. Intelligent thermal design allows the LTM8046 to deliver the full 2.5W output power at ambient temperatures up to 100°C with no forced airflow.
The LTM8046 is available in -40°C to +125°C or -55°C to +125°C internal operating temperature grades for immediate delivery from stock. Pricing starts at $14.47 each for 1,000-piece quantities. For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTM8046.
* Pollution degree is a classification reflecting the amount of dry pollution and condensation present in the environment. This classification is important as it affects parameters required to ensure safe operation of the product. Pollution degree 2 refers to an environment where normally only non-conductive pollution or temporary condensation may occur, such as in offices, laboratories and test stations.
Summary of Features: LTM8046
- 2kVAC Isolation Rated (3kVDC tested)
- 2.5W Output Power
- Wide 3.1V to 31V Input Voltage Range
- 1.8V to 12V Adjustable Output Voltage with ±5% Accuracy Over Temperature
- Output Voltage Regulation Regardless of Whether Input Voltage is Above, Below or Equal
- Full Output Power up to 100°C Ambient
Compact Isolated DC/DC Converter Solution
- 9mm x 15mm x 4.92mm BGA Package
Plus 3 (1206 or Smaller) Surface Mount Ceramic Capacitors &
1 (0603) Surface Mount Resistor