- Buyers Guide
UBM Tech, the daily source of essential business and technical information for decision makers in the electronics industry, held its annual DesignCon conference and expo last week in Santa Clara, CA. Met with enthusiastic industry reception, DesignCon 2014 was attended by more than 5,000 members of the chip, package, board and systems design communities.
Consisting of four full days of innovative technical learning and networking opportunities, DesignCon 2014 featured more than 100 conference sessions addressing the latest developments in 14 industry-specific categories. The event also included three visionary keynotes, three industry award presentations, a variety of educational and speed training sessions and live product teardowns, two industry receptions, two happy hours, the NextGen volunteer program, a Bay Area Girl Geek Dinner, and 150+ exhibitors – 70% of whom will return in 2015, reinforcing DesignCon’s reputation as the premier annual trade event for the semiconductor and electronics design industries.
“Thanks to a profound level of continued support from the electronics design community, DesignCon 2014 was a remarkable success,” said Katie Stern, Event Director, DesignCon. “Expo space was at capacity, attendance was up, and social media engagement was more robust with a total of 317 tweets over four days. Additionally, the educational and networking opportunities were widely regarded as advantageous, relevant and entertaining by both attendees and exhibitors alike.”
Highlights from the DesignCon 2014 expo include a host of dynamic new product announcements, more than 80 of which are accessible at the Virtual Press Office. A few standouts include:
- DesignCon Host Sponsor Agilent Technologies announced that its Electronic Test and Measurement business will become Keysight Technologiesin 2014.
- Teledyne LeCroy announced Phoenix Plus PeRT3, the first protocol-aware receiver test solution for Superspeed USB 10Gbps (USB3.1).
- Alpha Wire unveiled the latest additions to its growing line of environmentally friendly EcoCable, EcoFlex, and EcoWire product lines, which utilize innovative, 100% recyclable MPPE insulation and are up to 65% lighter, 45% smaller than traditional PVC cables while exhibiting up to 91% lower outgassing.
The expo also featured DesignCon’s annual award programs, which recognized best-in-class companies in electronics and test and measurement, as well as outstanding contributions to the educational goals of the DesignCon program.
For more information about the DesignCon 2014 conference and expo and to stay up-to-date on news about DesignCon 2015, which will take place January 27-30, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center and is already off to a roaring start with 81% of the 2015 expo floor already sold, please visit http://www.designcon.com/santaclara/and follow DesignCon online via:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DesignCon
- Twitter: @UBMDesignCon
- LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1gfaxOU
- DesignCon Blog: http://blog.designcon.com/
Those who attended the 2014 conference can also access the proceedings using the login and password provided via email.
To sponsor or exhibit at DesignCon 2015, please contact Linda Uslaner via the contact information listed below.