- Buyers Guide
The 5th annual LTE Innovation Summit has issued a call for papers seeking presenters from all stages of the mobile wireless ecosystem. The 2014 LTE Innovation Summit will focus on the underlying technologies that are driving the convergence of wireless networks, devices, services & applications. This year’s areas of interest include LTE-Advanced, IMS, VoLTE, Rich Communication Suite (RCS) and positioning methods other than GPS to support Location Based Services (LBS), Small Cells as part of Heterogeneous Network (HetNet) deployments, Smart Traffic Offloading and Beyond 4G communication systems.
The 2014 LTE Innovation Summit will be held at the Hilton San Diego/Del Mar April 9-10, 2014.Submission deadlines for papers/presentations are:
- January 17, 2014 — submission of formal abstracts
- January 31, 2014 — paper acceptance notification
- March 14, 2014 — full materials submission
Please visit http://bit.ly/1cbcfgb to submit your information.
The 2014 LTE Innovation Summit invites chipset manufacturers, device/UE manufacturers, network equipment manufacturers, mobile operators, conformance test labs and test & measurement vendors and suppliers who would like to share their expertise in terms of technology, design, best practices and lessons learned to submit papers.
Featuring four technical tracks focused on LTE Advanced, VoLTE, Small Cells and Beyond 4G, the 2014 LTE Innovation Summit encourages papers in the following areas:
- Carrier Aggregation (CA) in Uplink and Downlink, RF and protocol, further mobility
- CA evolution; 2 UL CA and 3 DL CA
- Enhanced MIMO, dual layer beamforming,
- Enhanced SC-FDMA scheme
- Location based services (LBS), LTE positioning (OTDOA, UTDOA, RF pattern matching etc.)
- Enhanced Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Services (eMBMS)
- Enhanced Inter-Cell Interference Coordination (feICIC)
- Coordinated Multi-Point (CoMP) in downlink and uplink
- Smart Traffic Offloading (or WiFi offloading)
- WiFi; in device co-existence
- Self-Organizing Networks (SON)
- Machine Type Communications (MTC; 3GPP term for M2M)
- Envelope Tracking, Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) base station and mobile device
- Network optimization for VoLTE, field testing
For more information, please contact Keith Cobler at firstname.lastname@example.org.