Richardson RFPD announces addition to line of 50 V moisture-resistant DMOS transistors from ST
Richardson RFPD Inc. announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new diffused metal oxide semiconductor (DMOS) transistor from STMicroelectronics (ST).
The SD2931-12MR is a gold metallized N-channel field-effect RF power transistor intended for use in 50V DC large signal applications up to 230 MHz. The new device offers outstanding thermal capability for industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) applications, where reliability and ruggedness are critical factors.
The SD2931-12MR is the newest addition to ST's line of 50V moisture-resistant DMOS transistors. It joins the recently-released SD4933MR, which is designed for ISM applications up to 100 MHz. The devices benefit from the latest generation of environmentally-designed packaging and are ruggedized against cyclic high-moisture operating and severe storage conditions.
Key features of the SD2931-12MR include:
- Gold metallization
- Excellent thermal stability
- Common source, push-pull configuration
- POUT = 150 W minimum with 15 dB gain @ 175 MHz
- 65% drain efficiency
- 10:1 all phases load mismatch capability under CW conditions
- Thermally-enhanced packaging for lower junction temperatures
- GFS and VGS sort marked on unit
- Moisture resistant package specifically designed to operate in extreme environments
- 200 °C maximum junction temperature
Richardson RFPD's design advisors provide extensive technical expertise and design-in assistance for ST products, including this new DMOS transistor. To find more information, or to order the device today on the Richardson RFPD website, please visit the SD2931-12MR webpage. The device is also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn about additional products from ST, please visit the ST storefront webpage.