Mobile Experts released a new five-year forecast for Distributed Antenna Systems. The Mobile Experts forecast projects rapid growth for DAS deployment, with the number of DAS nodes deployed doubling between 2013 and 2016. More than 50% of DAS networks will include small cells and Wi-Fi by 2018.
"Multiple operators in North America are doubling or tripling their DAS spending plans", explained Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts. "In China, DAS spending is down 20%, but in the USA it's up 30%. There are radical changes going on, which in the end will be incredibly lucrative for DAS neutral hosts, installers, and system integrators."
"The DAS market will more than double in size over the next five years, with a dramatic increase in the combination of DAS with Wi-Fi, public safety radio, and LTE networks. People wonder how small cells will find access to backhaul. In fact, the clear answer is to use a fiber-based DAS system in many public buildings."
DAS: Absorbing Small Cells and Wi-Fi includes in-depth analysis of technical trends impacting the DAS equipment market. A five-year forecast is included to illustrate the trends in Wi-Fi and public safety adoption, along with LTE services. Twenty-eight charts and exhibits clarify trends quantitatively. The report discards vague metrics such as "DAS Revenue" and instead focuses on specific information about the number and the type of radio nodes that will be installed.
The analysis provides:
- A five-year forecast for global DAS deployment, by frequency band coverage
- Separate analysis of Indoor and Outdoor DAS markets
- Technical diagrams for Wi-Fi, Public Safety, and Small Cell integration
- Facts and statistics for the campus, hospitality, and healthcare segments
- Analysis of the competitive landscape for equipment, neutral hosts, and integrators
- Market shares for DAS equipment suppliers
- Information on trends in passive and active DAS
- Local and international regulatory considerations
- Company profiles highlighting the major players