- Buyers Guide
Skyworks supports Samsung's GALAXY S 4 smartphone platforms
Skyworks Solutions Inc., an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors enabling a broad range of end markets, announced it is supporting Samsung’s GALAXY S 4 smartphone platforms with multiple high-performance analog and front-end solutions.
“Skyworks is delighted to be supporting Samsung’s flagship GALAXY S 4 smartphone platform,” said Liam K. Griffin, executive vice president and corporate general manager at Skyworks. “Given our broad product portfolio and system-level expertise, we have expanded our partnership with Samsung beyond delivering traditional power amplifiers to providing an entire suite of solutions for an unprecedented level of analog and RF integration.”
Skyworks employs a global workforce of application and system engineers and leverages its deep understanding of platform level requirements, in-house building blocks, scale and industry-leading capabilities in system-level integration to deliver best-in-class solutions so that its customers can focus on market demands and industrial design. Skyworks’ content in the GALAXY S 4 platforms include multimode, multiband front-end solutions, LTE power amplifiers, 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi front-end modules, multiple DC/DC converters and diversity switches.
About Samsung’s GALAXY S 4
The GALAXY S 4 incorporates a larger screen and battery in a light and slim shape that is stronger. The smartphone has the world’s first full HD Super AMOLED display for images. Its five-inch screen has 441 ppi for dramatic viewing quality. Outfitted with a 13 megapixel rear camera, the GALAXY S 4 also includes a dual camera function that enables simultaneous use of front and rear cameras. With its group play function, consumers can enjoy music, photos, documents and games without requiring a WiFi AP or cellular signal. In addition, S Translator provides instant translation using text or voice-on applications including email, text message and ChatON. At home, using Samsung WatchON, the smartphone will turn into an IR remote to control home entertainment systems including TVs, set-top boxes, DVD players and the air conditioner. Users can also view various content including live and cable TV and VOD based on the rich information provided by the electronic program guide.
About Skyworks’ Analog and Front-end Solutions
- SKY13415-485 LF is a 0.1 – 3.0 gigahertz, single pole, five throw antenna switch with an internal 50 Ω termination.
- SKY85303-11 is a complete 802.11b/g/n WLAN RF FEM with a Bluetooth® port.
- SKY85707-21 is a 5 GHz FEM incorporating a single-pole, double-throw transmit/receive switch, a low-noise amplifier with bypass, and a PA.
- SKY87000-13 is a step-down regulator with auto-bypass LDO for multiband and multimode RF PAs.
- AAT1171 is a 600mA voltage-scaling, step down DC/DC converter for controlling the operating voltage of a WCDMA or CDMA PA inside single lithium-ion battery-powered systems.
- SKY77615 is a hybrid, multimode, multiband power amplifier module (PAM).
- SKY77619 is a multiband, multimode PAM for quad-band GSM/EDGE and penta-band WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+ and LTE.
- SKY77737 is a fully matched, surface mount module PAM developed for LTE application bands 12/17.