- Buyers Guide
Savant is a sophisticated computational electromagnetic (CEM) tool for computing the installed performance of antennas as mounted on electrically large platforms.
- Predict installed antenna patterns and antenna-to-antenna coupling in complex environments.
- Optimized for electrically large, high-fidelity platforms.
- Intuitive and powerful user interface with 3D visualization for problem setup and results display.
- Multiple installed antennas defined by 3D free-space patterns or current distribution.
- General multi-layer materials for coatings, radomes and walls.
- Antenna siting for optimal performance and minimum cosite EMI, radome analysis.
- Complimentary capability to full-wave solver.
- Import 3D CAD models to define the platform/environment for Savant simulations.
- Define and place antennas interactively using 3-D free space radiation patterns or equivalent current sources.
- Single and swept frequency modes.
- Savant’s multi-core parallelized engine accounts for all important effects:
- Blockage, Diffraction, Multi-bounce
- Creeping waves
- Savant computes:
- Installed radiation patterns
- Coupling between Tx/Rx antenna pairs
- Spatial E & H field distribution
- Incident, scattered and total fields
- Specialized ray tools allow visualization of multi-bounce physics to gain a better understanding of the important interactions occurring.
- OS: Windows/Linux/Mac
Several powerful features in Savant make the tool easy-to-use and apply to the most challenging problems.
- Sophisticated GUI for setting up, running and interpreting Savant simulation
- Support for a variety of CAD formats including ACAD Facet, Stereolithography, Wavefront OBJ, IGES, Gmsh, and IDEAS Universal.
- Library of parametrically defined antennas including common antenna types such as monopoles, dipoles, isotropic, hemitropic, directive beam, loop, etc.
- Support for representing free space antenna patterns as far-field radiation patterns or as current sources. Current source models are necessary when the antenna is electrically close to a surface.
- Free space antenna formats can be narrowband or wideband (ie. multi-frequency).
- Multi-layer material models for penetrable materials such as coatings, radomes and walls.
- Ability to compute far-field, near-field, and antenna-to-antenna coupling.
- Visual ray trace feature for aiding the analyst in understanding the ray interactions with the platform. Ray filter to specific far-field and near-field observation points supported.
- Physical Theory of Diffraction (PTD) wedge correction feature.
- Divergence factor correction included for curved surfaces (e.g., reflector antennas).
- Creeping Wave. Savant is the only commercially available SBR software with this feature.
- Smart power normalization feature.
- Multi-core support. The user can specify number of cores to use for a computation through the GUI.
- Dynamic zoning feature for major acceleration of computations involving many current sources.
- Extensive Help documentation including several tutorials.
- Advanced plotting capabilities including built in Cartesian and Polar plots with CAD overlay feature.
Savant is a product of Delcross Technologies. It can be purchased through CST distribution channels.