- Buyers Guide
Richardson RFPD, Inc. announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new dual, 14-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) from Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI).
The AD9250 is designed to support applications where low cost, small size, wide bandwidth, and versatility are important. The device cores feature a multistage, differential pipelined architecture with integrated output error correction logic, as well as wide bandwidth inputs supporting a variety of user-selectable input ranges. An integrated voltage reference eases design considerations.
A duty cycle stabilizer is provided to compensate for variations in the ADC clock duty cycle, allowing the converters to maintain excellent performance. The JESD204B-compatible output connects seamlessly to high speed field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), enables precise multi-channel converter synchronization, reduces board routing requirements, and lowers pin count requirements for the receiving device.
The AD9250 is ideally-suited for communications applications like LTE, EDGE/GSM, CDMA, TD-SCDMA, DOCSIS 3.0, smart antenna systems, electronic test and measurement, radar, IED detection and jamming systems, and more.
Key features of the AD9250 include:
- Sample rates of up to 250 MSPS
- IF sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) = 70.6 dBFS at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) = 88 dBc at 185 MHz AIN and 250 MSPS
- Total power consumption: 711 mW at 250 MSPS
- JESD204B Subclass 0 or Subclass 1 coded serial digital outputs
- Integer 1-to-8 input clock divider
- Internal analog-to-digital converter (ADC) voltage reference
- Flexible analog input range
- 1.4 V p-p to 2.0 V p-p (1.75 V p-p nominal)
- ADC clock duty cycle stabilizer (DCS)
- 95 dB channel isolation/crosstalk
- Serial port control
- Energy saving power-down modes
- User-configurable, built-in self-test (BIST) capability
- 1.8 V supply voltage
The AD9250 is part of ADI's Select Products for Q1, 2013.
The device is in stock and available for immediate delivery. The device is available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn more about additional products from ADI, please visit the ADI storefront webpage.