Computer Simulation Technology (CST), Darmstadt, announces winners of the CST University Publication Award 2012. The CST University Publication Award is an annual grant to university institutes and researchers for work related to 3D EM field simulation applications. The winners are awarded extensions and upgrades to their CST STUDIO SUITE® installations to recognize the importance of their work and to promote further research.
There are three conditions for participation: the papers must be authored or co-authored by university researchers, they must have been published either in scientific journals or conference proceedings, and the numerical results must be entirely or in part obtained through simulations using CST software products.
Submissions were evaluated on a number of criteria, including originality of application and theory, clarity of presentation, and the skilful usage of CST software. There is also a special award given for short papers of four pages or less, to acknowledge the importance of short conference papers in promoting practical applications of simulation.
“CST’s University Publication Award has proven very popular among our customers and continues to attract papers illustrating the numerous application areas of CST STUDIO SUITE”, said Dr. Martin Timm, Marketing Director, CST. “This is the ninth time we have given out this award, and the quality of the publications was outstanding. Selecting the winning entries was not easy. We would like to thank everyone who contributed and hope to welcome an even larger number of participants in 2013.”
The following papers have been selected to receive the CST University Publication Award 2012:
- "Beamforming by Left-Handed Extraordinary Transmission Metamaterial Bi- and Plano-Concave Lens at Millimeter-Waves"; Miguel Navarro-Cía, Miguel Beruete, Igor Campillo, and Mario Sorolla Ayza,; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, no. 6, 21. Apr. 2011, pp 2141 - 2151 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Beamforming+by+LeftHanded+Extraordinary+Transmission+Metamaterial+Bi-+and+Plano-Concave+Lens+at+MillimeterWaves
- "Effects of shape and loading of optical nanoantennas on their sensitivity and radiation properties"; Yang Zhao, Nader Engheta, and Andrea Alù; Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 28, No. 5, 27 Apr. 2011, pp 1266-1274 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Effects+of+shape+and+loading+of+optical+nanoantennas+on+their+sensitivity+and+radiation+properties
- "Design of a Broadband All-Textile Slotted PIFA"; Ping Jack Soh, Guy A. E Vandenbosch, Soo Liam Ooi, and Nurul Husna Mohd Rais; IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, VOL. 60, NO. 1, 05. Jan 2012, pp 379-384 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Design+of+a+Broadband+All-Textile+Slotted+PIFA
Short paper awards 2012:
- "Micromachined 300-GHz SU-8-Based Slotted Waveguide Antenna"; Yi Wang, Member, IEEE, Maolong Ke, Michael J. Lancaster, Senior Member, IEEE, and Jian Chen; IEEE ANTENNAS AND WIRELESS PROPAGATION LETTERS, VOL. 10, 2011, pp. 573-576, 31. May. 2011 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Micromachined+300-GHz+SU-8-Based+Slotted+Waveguide+Antenna
- "Ultraconfined Interlaced Plasmons”; Tiago A. Morgado, João S. Marcos, Mário G. Silveirinha, and Stanislav I. Maslovski; Physical Review Letters, Vol 107, 063903, 05. Aug. 2011, pp 1 – 4 http://www.cst.com/Content/References/Ultraconfined+Interlaced+Plasmons
More information about CST’s university program, the winners of the previous University Publication Awards and the upcoming award for 2013 can be found on the CST corporate website at: http://www.cst.com/Content/Company/UniProgram.aspx.