Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) announced shipment of Advanced Design System 2012, its flagship RF and microwave EDA software platform.
ADS 2012 features new capabilities that improve productivity and efficiency for all applications the system supports and breakthrough technologies applicable to GaAs, GaN and silicon RF power-amplifier multichip module design. The capabilities and breakthroughs now available to new and existing ADS users include:
- User interface enhancements designed to improve design efficiency and productivity, such as dockable windows for quickly accessing frequently used dialog boxes.
- Updated Load Pull and Amplifier DesignGuides, which offer mismatch simulation and make it easy to see amplifier performance at a specific output power level or a specific amount of gain, respectively.
- Dramatically improved integration with EMPro, which enables 3-D electromagnetic component designs to be saved as database cells for use directly in ADS.
- A new ADS electro-thermal simulator that incorporates dynamic temperature effects to improve accuracy in “thermally aware” circuit-simulation results.
- Multichip module electromagnetic simulation setup and Finite Element Method simulation of different technologies to analyze electromagnetic interactions between circuits and interconnects, wire bond and flip-chip solder bumps in typical multichip RF power-amplifier modules.
- Model support for Agilent’s artificial neural network-based NeuroFET model (extracted by Agilent’s IC-CAP device modeling software) to enable more accurate FET modeling and simulation results.
Currently supported Agilent customers interested in the ADS 2012 breakthroughs and features should contact their local applications engineer or field sales person for more information.
ADS 2012 is now available for download at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads-downloads-and-trials. More information on ADS 2012 is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads2012. An image of ADS 2012 is available at www.agilent.com/find/ADS2012SW_images.