- Buyers Guide
Richardson RFPD Inc. announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new digital-to-analog converter (DAC) from Analog Devices Inc. (ADI). The AD5780 is a true 18-bit, unbuffered voltage output DAC that operates from a bipolar supply of up to 33 V, offers a relative accuracy specification of ±1 LSB maximum range, and guarantees monotonic operation with a ±1 LSB DNL maximum range specification. The device uses a versatile 3-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates of up to 35 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™ and DSP interface standards. It incorporates a power-on reset circuit that ensures the DAC output powers up to 0V in a known output impedance state and remains in this state until a valid write to the device takes place. The device also provides an output clamp feature that places the output in a defined load state.
The AD5780 is well-suited to a broad range of applications, including medical instrumentation, test and measurement, industrial control, scientific and aerospace instrumentation, data acquisition systems, digital gain and offset adjustment, and power supply control.
Key features of the AD5780 include:
- 8 nV/√z output noise spectral density
- 0.025 LSB long-term linearity error stability
- ±0.018 ppm/°C gain error temperature coefficient
- 2.5 μ output voltage settling time
- 3.5 nV-sec midscale glitch impulse
- Integrated precision reference buffers
- Operating temperature range: −0°C to +125°C
- 4 mm × 5 mm LFCSP package
- Wide power supply range of up to ±16.5 V
- 35 MHz Schmitt triggered digital interface
- 1.8 V-compatible digital interface
Common configurations are in stock and available for immediate delivery. To find more information, or to purchase these products today on the Richardson RFPD website, please visit the ADI Q2 Select Products webpage. The devices are also available by calling 1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at Local Sales Support. To learn more about additional products from ADI, please visit the ADI storefront webpage.
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.