- Buyers Guide
Skyworks enhances portfolio of antenna switch modules and LTE switch solutions
Skyworks Solutions Inc. expanded its family of antenna switch modules (ASM) for smartphones and tablets, offering solutions in up to 14 throw counts to meet various handset manufacturers’ layout preferences and design needs. Skyworks is also unveiling a full suite of complementary discrete LTE transmit and receive solutions covering single pole double throw (SPDT) through single pole eight throw (SP8T) applications in a compact 2 x 2 millimeter footprint. Together, these latest devices support low cost 3G handsets, as well as high speed packet access/LTE-enabled data centric devices such as data cards and tablets – both of which require design flexibility, high performance and cost-effective architectures.
Skyworks’ comprehensive RF switch solutions are based on PHEMT and silicon technology and complement its existing world-class, gallium arsenide and silicon power amplifiers and front-end solutions.
“Skyworks is delighted to once again be offering our customers the broadest set of switch solutions to meet demanding performance requirements and design needs,” said David Stasey, vice president of analog components at Skyworks. “Our ability to support multiple platforms and architectures in various process technologies demonstrates Skyworks’ technical breadth, depth and commitment to delivering best-in-class solutions.”
About Skyworks’ Family of Antenna Switch Modules
Skyworks’ ASMs are logic compatible with the world’s leading 3G/4G chipset providers’ interface requirements. In addition to integrated switch and logic, the devices all feature dual low-pass GSM harmonic filters. The ASMs are designed for any combination of 2G/3G multimode cellular applications.
- The SKY13404-466LF is a single pole 10 throw ASM in a compact 2.6 x 3.4 mm quad flat no lead (QFN) package designed for dual and tri mode, high power band switching applications that require low insertion loss. The device features eight high linearity ports providing full flexibility for 2G, 3G and LTE handsets and data cards.
- The SKY13412-487LF is a single pole 12 throw ASM in a 3.0 x 3.8 mm QFN package featuring 10 high linearity ports providing full flexibility for 2G, 3G and LTE handsets and data cards. The device includes port to port RF isolation comparisons in order to optimize signal routing in an increasingly more challenging RF signal environment.
- The SKY18120-11 is a single pole nine throw ASM in an extremely compact 2.5 x 2.5 mm package, 20-pin multi-chip module. The device has three high linearity ports suitable for tri-band 3G/quad-band 2G or TD-SCDMA/2G multi-mode handsets and data cards.
About Skyworks’ LTE Transmit/Receive Switches
Skyworks’ LTE transmit/receive switches are high linearity solutions that can handle multiple input, multiple output receive diversity as well as post power amplifier WCDMA/HSPA+/LTE PA transmit signal routing requirements. Using advanced switching technologies, the devices maintain low insertion loss and high isolation for both transmit and receive switching paths.
- The SKY1341X-485 scalable family of products covers single pole four throw through SP8T switches that allow up to eight bands of WCDMA/LTE transmitting and receiving. The high linearity performance and low insertion loss achieved by the series make in an ideal choice for main/diversity switching commonly used in LTE-based handsets, data cards and tablets that use antenna diversity solutions. The SKY13414-485LF (single pole four throw), SKY13415-485LF (single pole five throw), SKY13416-485LF (single pole six throw), SKY13417-485LF (single pole seven throw) and SKY13418-485LF (SP8T) are a general purpose input/output (GPIO) control logic compatible series of LTE transmit/receive switches in a 2.0 x 2.0 mm lead-frame package.
- The SKY13330-397LF is a SPDT all symmetric port transmit/receive switch in a 2.0 x 2.0 mm lead frame package. Designed for post linear power amplifier single routing to frequency filtering components, this device is differentiated by very low insertion loss and its single bit GPIO control.
Skyworks at Mobile World Congress
Skyworks will be showcasing its product portfolio in Hall 8, Stand C132 at Mobile World Congress being held February 27 to March 1, 2012.
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.