Skyworks unveils family of front-end solutions
Skyworks Solutions Inc. announced that several of its front-end solutions are being leveraged by the industry’s leading baseband providers for their smartphone platforms currently supporting all of the world's leading mobile broadband standards. Several of Skyworks’ newest power amplifiers and front-end modules deliver approximately 50 percent power added efficiency with a 30 percent smaller footprint. Specifically, Skyworks’ solutions are compatible with the world’s first fully integrated long term evolution (LTE) modem chipset containing an integrated dual core application processor for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
“Skyworks is delighted to be partnering with the industry’s leading baseband providers to deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of next generation mobile devices,” said Gregory L. Waters, executive vice president and general manager of front-end solutions at Skyworks. “Our product portfolio continues to push performance and integration to new levels that when combined with best-in-class chipset platforms are enabling platforms that offer consumers unparalleled performance and enhanced user experiences.”
About Skyworks’ Front-End Solutions
- The SKY77354 is the smallest GPRS/EDGE power amplifier module (PAM) designed to be compatible with fixed gain linear EDGE platforms. When combined with Skyworks’ latest 3G and 4G PAs, this architecture offers the highest performance in the smallest possible size for any LTE modem implementation.
- The SKY77558 is a linear fixed gain EDGE FEM designed in a very compact form factor. When combined with the Skyworks’ newest high efficiency PAs, it offers a cost competitive solution with a significantly lower current consumption when compared to the prevailing multimode, multiband implementation.
- The SKY77733 (Bands XIII/XIV) and SKY77737 (Bands XII/XVII) PAMs are the first LTE solutions based on Skyworks’ newest high efficiency PAs.
- The SKY77761, SKY77762, SKY77764, SKY77765 and SKY77768 PAMs are solutions for Bands I, II, IV, V and VIII that are based on Skyworks’ newest high efficiency PAs.
- The SKY77619 is the smallest, most integrated and highest performance, multimode PAM leveraging Skyworks’ newest high efficiency PAs and supporting next generation smartphones and tablets.
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.