- Buyers Guide
5G and IoT Supplement
Anritsu Company introduces its first generation high performance PIM testing solution, the MW8208A, for the 850 MHz cellular frequency bands. Anritsu has developed the PIM Master to verify if receiver interference at a cell site is due to an intermodulation product of two or more transmit frequencies, also known as passive intermodulation (PIM).
The Anritsu PIM Master features patented technology – Distance-to-PIM™. In just a few seconds, Distance-to-PIM can find the distance and relative magnitude of all static PIM sources in an antenna system and beyond the antenna. Only Distance-to-PIM can find the location of:
• Dirty connectors
• Corroded connectors
• Over torqued connectors
• Microscopic arcing connectors
• PIM outside the antenna system
PIM is power sensitive, and today there is more power than ever going up the tower. PIM Master features 2 x 40 W of RF power to activate the PIM, making it more visible to find the PIM that cannot be found on traditional 20 W PIM testers.
PIM Master MW8208A for the 850 MHz cellular frequency bands:
• Featuring Patented Distance-to-PIM™ (DTP)
The Fastest Way to Pinpoint the Source of PIM
• Featuring 2 x 40 Watts of RF Power
Finds PIM that cannot be found by 2 x 20 Watt PIM testers
• Tx Band: 869 to 894 MHz
• IMD Band: 824 to 849 MHz
• IMD Orders: 3rd, 5th, or 7th orders (user selectable)
• Noise Floor
• Distance-to-PIM (DTP)
Controlled with Anritsu Handheld Spectrum Analyzers:
• See PIM results with PIM Analyzer
• Listen to relative PIM level with audible tone
• Set Limit Lines for visual and/or audible Pass/Fail criteria
• Save and Recall Set-ups for standardized testing
• GPS tag PIM measurements with GPS Option 0031
Report Generation and Training:
• Utilize Anritsu's next generation Line Sweep Tool
• PIM Master Certified PIM Measurement Training Course
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.