- Buyers Guide
Agilent to demonstrate test solutions at Mobile World Congress
Agilent Technologies Inc. will demonstrate its industry-first communications test and measurement solutions for LTE-Advanced, LTE, HSPA+, dual-carrier HSDPA, MIMO, multi-standard radio and voice over LTE, along with 2G/3G solutions for R&D, manufacturing and deployment at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, from February 27 through March 1.
“We strive to anticipate our customers’ needs with first-to-market test solutions such as TD-LTE beamforming MIMO, 42-Mbps throughput test, multi-standard radio and high-throughput manufacturing test,” said Guy Séné, president of Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group. “We are dedicated to helping them achieve a competitive advantage in their mobile communications R&D, manufacturing and deployment environments.”
Agilent experts at Stand A46 in Hall 1 will demonstrate how to:
• Perform RF and parametric tests to the latest standards for LTE and LTE-Advanced using Agilent LTE & LTE-Advanced signal-generation and analysis tools such as 89600 VSA software, X-Series signal analyzers (including the N9030A PXA and the N9020A MXA), SystemVue and Signal Studio software.
• Look at up to eight measurement channels for TD-LTE base station RF antenna beamforming with the N7109A multichannel signal analyzer.
• Address the challenges of multi-standard radio per 3GPP Release 9 with the N9083A MSR X-Series measurement application operating on Agilent X-Series signal analyzers, including the N9030A PXA and the N9020A MXA.
• Test 42-Mbps DC-HSDPA IP data throughput using the new E5515E platform for the 8960 wireless communications test set.
• Transform the manufacturing test environment to get new wireless devices to market faster while reducing cost of test with Agilent’s new EXT wireless communications test set. The proven EXT architecture, a part of Agilent’s X-Series signal analyzers, features an advanced sequence analyzer optimized for high throughput non-signaling test techniques for 2G/3G/LTE and future wireless devices. A comprehensive suite of supporting software tools, including Sequence Studio, enhanced Signal Studio, chipset control, calibration and test software helps accelerate time-to-volume manufacturing.
• Verify the performance of LTE user equipment under controlled test conditions using Agilent’s E6621A PXT wireless communications test set, an industry-leading UE performance and conformance test solution for both FDD and TDD. The PXT is a flexible, scalable LTE base station emulator used to verify that RF parameters, as well as protocol and device functionality, comply with design expectations. New features include voice over LTE test and inter-radio access technology (used in the handover of communications from an LTE network to a 3G or 2G network), plus circuit-switched fallback.
• Test user equipment through different operating modes to characterize battery drain and verify performance in an all-IP IMS-SIP test environment using E6966A IMS-SIP server/client pair for testing voice, video and SMS services on all-IP networks.
• Simplify and easily perform wireless field tests using the 3 to 20 GHz handheld spectrum analyzer series. The FieldFox RF analyzer and the FieldFox vector network analyzer, Agilent handheld RF instruments, are known for being field-ready and rugged, with the ability to support multiple RF standards, including CDMA, W-CDMA, E-GSM, GSM, LTE 2600, Mobile WiMAX™, DVB-T and Wi-Fi.
In addition, visitors will be able to see videos of Agilent’s latest first-to-market introductions in 802.11ac and 802.11ad, plus new FieldFox videos.
An updated edition of the widely distributed book “LTE and the Evolution to 4G Wireless: Design and Measurement Challenges” will be available this summer. New content will include LTE-Advanced, MIMO, functional test and more.