- Buyers Guide
The MEMS Module is a collection of application modes and models for COMSOL Multiphysics with which you can model various MEMS devices and applications.
The MEMS Module addresses design issues that arise in the micro-world. It models physical phenomena in actuators and sensors plus microfluidic and small piezoelectric devices. Furthermore, it supports ECAD import via the ODB++ format so that MEMS layout designs can easily be imported and analyzed.
Most MEMS applications are multiphysics by their very nature and usually include electromagnetic-structural, thermal-structural, fluid-structure (FSI), or electromagnetic-fluid interactions. To this end, the MEMS Module provides equations and settings optimized for the single- and coupled-physics modeling that these interactions may require.
The module includes analyses in the stationary and transient domains as well as eigen-frequency, parametric, quasi-static and frequency-response analyses.
• Cantilever beams and other switches
• Chemical and biochemical sensors
• DNA chips and lab-on-chips
• Fluid-structure interaction in microchannels
• Heterogeneous two-phase flow in microchannels
• MEMS acoustic transducers
• MEMS capacitors
• MEMS thermal devices
• Microreactors, micropumps and micromixers
• Microwave power sensors
• MOEMS and VCSELS
• Piezoelectric and piezoresistive devices
• RF MEMS devices
• Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) sensors and filters