- Buyers Guide
XFdtd® 7.0 (XF7) Electromagnetic Simulation Tool
XFdtd 7.0 by Remcom for Unmatched EM Simulation Efficiency
XFdtd® 7.0 is 3D electromagnetic simulation software that provides engineers with powerful and innovative tools for modeling and simulation. It was designed to simplify workflow with an overall focus on the iterative nature of the design process, but with the power to handle the toughest simulations that engineers face today. Notable features include ubiquitous parameterization capability, cross-platform functionality, and custom scripting.
Remcom has continued to focus on the power, speed, and usability that have always been the core strengths of our software. XF7 marks a departure from “me-too” EM simulation software, setting a new standard for excellence that other providers will be hard-pressed to match.
Capabilities of XF7 include:
• Ubiquitous parameter control facilitates increased automation and time savings
• Easy to create custom features via a powerful scripting API
• First EM simulation package in the industry to run natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
• Guided modeling processes, an editable modeling history, and the ability to edit imported CAD files substantially enhance productivity
• Intelligent, ultra-fast meshing expedites previewing of finished meshes with materials prior to simulation
• Dynamic and interactive graphing allows results to be viewed and automatically updated as simulation data changes
• Custom project templates, simulation history, shared libraries, and hierarchy import enable shortcuts and reuse of past results
• Complete control of any output and no restrictions on where fields can be saved
• Customizable Results Browser with filtering and searching tools supports an iterative workflow and fast, persistent access to all past results
• Clutter-free, straightforward organization of tools and attractive, eye-catching icons and window layouts