- Buyers Guide
The electromagnetic simulation software CST STUDIO SUITE® offers leading edge computational solutions to electromagnetic design challenges. From static to optical and from the nanoscale to the electrically large, tools are available for the design, simulation and optimization of a wide range of devices. In our 2013 release, we have integrated specialized features to accommodate the needs of engineers better. A highly adaptable project wizard and a Ribbon-based GUI create a fluid workflow, which together with optimized solver technology ensure usability and performance without compromise.
With a focus on workflow integration, CST STUDIO SUITE has been enhanced to guide users through simulation projects with ease. The project wizard makes it simple to switch between projects and customize the package for a wide range of applications through its extensive portfolio of preconfigured simulation types. Custom configurations based on the user’s own experiences can also be stored and loaded with the wizard for a personalized workflow. The Ribbon-based user interface groups features and menus according to their place in the simulation process and the easy-to-use tab system makes it easier to access tools. Showing only the most relevant options, this intuitive feature helps to guide the engineer each step of the way.
CST STUDIO SUITE benefits from an integrated design environment that gives access to an entire range of solver technologies and allows several projects to be opened simultaneously in a single front-end. This easy-to-use graphical user interface is a common feature in all the CST 3D simulators and creates whole new avenues of possibilities for coupled simulation.
The Complete Technology approach of CST STUDIO SUITE enables users to switch from one solver to another without changing the model and parametric settings. In the 2013 release our solver technology has been optimized to utilize the power of the latest generation of processors. Simulation performance is strongly dependent on choosing the optimal solver, and with these improvements not only can users choose the most appropriate method for each problem, the simulation run time can also be significantly reduced.
Users of CST STUDIO SUITE can enjoy considerable product-to-market advantages such as shorter development cycles, virtual prototyping before physical trials, and optimization instead of experimentation. The modules that comprise CST STUDIO SUITE are tightly integrated, giving users access to the entire range of solver technology and allowing circuit and multiphysics co-simulation.
- CST MICROWAVE STUDIO (CST MWS) is our industry-leading tool for the fast and accurate simulation of high-frequency devices. Application areas include microwave & RF, EDA/electronics and EMC/EMI.
- CST EM STUDIO (CST EMS) is for the design and analysis of static and low-frequency EM applications such as motors, sensors, actuators, transformers and shielding enclosures.
- CST PARTICLE STUDIO (CST PS) is a specialized product dedicated to the fully consistent simulation of free-moving charged particles. Applications include electron guns, traveling wave tubes, magnetrons and wakefields.
- CST CABLE STUDIO (CST CS) is for signal integrity and EMC/EMI analysis of cables and cable harnesses. It offers full bi-directional co-simulation with high frequency 3D transient solvers.
- CST PCB STUDIO (CST PCBS) is for the simulation of signal and power integrity effects on printed circuit boards.
- CST BOARDCHECK (CST BC) is a rule checking program that reads popular board file formats and checks the PCB design against a suite of EMC or SI rules.
- CST MPHYSICS STUDIO (CST MPS) is a multiphysics module for thermal simulations and mechanical stress analysis.
- CST DESIGN STUDIO (CST DS) is a versatile tool that facilitates 3D EM/circuit co-simulation and synthesis, as well as system simulation and optimization.
CST, CST STUDIO SUITE, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO, CST EM STUDIO, CST PARTICLE STUDIO, CST CABLE STUDIO, CST PCB STUDIO, CST MPHYSICS STUDIO, CST MICROSTRIPES, CST DESIGN STUDIO, PERFECT BOUNDARY APPROXIMATION (PBA), and the CST logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of CST in North America, the European Union, and other countries. Other brands and their products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be noted as such.
A brochure on this product is available in CST’s vendor view. Click the link below and go to the Downloads tab.