ECCOSORB® MCS is a thin, flexible, magnetically loaded, silicone rubber material that is electrically non-conductive. This product is particularly suitable for cavity resonance reduction applications in the 800 MHz to 6 GHz range. ECCOSORB® MCS is an extremely versatile product due to its low out-gassing and UL-94 V1 fire retardant rating.
When placed within a cavity ECCOSORB® MCS has proven to be very effective at dampening resonance’s due to its high permittivity and permeability. It can also be used to suppress surface currents and to modify antenna patterns, act as an attenuator in transmission lines or reduce the radar cross section of objects. It is also useful in reducing RF coupling of antennas and microwave components. ECCOSORB® MCS is impervious to moisture and can be subjected to high altitudes including space with no adverse effects.
- Description: High loss, magnetically loaded, silicone rubber sheet for low frequencies
- Frequency Range: 800 MHz to 18 GHz
- Key Features: UL 94 V1 Rated, PSA option available, easily cut, non-conductive
- Thickness: .040" (1.02mm)
- Service Temperature: 350°F (177°C)
See more from us in our Buyers Guide directory listing.