- Buyers Guide
Agilent’s Latest RF Design and 3-D EM Simulation Platforms Enhance Multi-technology Design, Speed Simulation
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 10, 2011 – Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced new versions of its Advanced Design System and Electromagnetic Professional software.
ADS 2011.10, the latest release of Agilent’s flagship RF design software, and EMPro 2011.11, the company’s updated 3-D modeling and simulation platform, both feature enhancements to further speed and improve RF design and verification.
Agilent will demonstrate ADS 2011.10 and EMPro 2011.11, along with other products and services for wireless communication, at European Microwave Week (Stand G301), Oct. 11-13 at Manchester Central in Manchester, England. The new software releases will also be on display at the IEEE Compound Semiconductor IC Symposium, Oct. 16-19, in Waikoloa, Hawaii.
ADS 2011.10 Enhancements
ADS is the industry’s leading electronic design automation software for RF, microwave and signal-integrity applications. ADS 2011.10 provides users with continued enhancements for RF printed circuit board, MMIC and multi-technology design, including:
• A design documentation notebook that makes it easy to create and share all or selected views of schematics, layout and data displays, and generate PDF and PostScript outputs files.
• The ability to more easily create native air bridges in ADS layout and the substrate editor for Momentum and finite element method 3-D EM simulation.
• RF power amplifier design and analysis improvements to the Load Pull Design Guide.
• An easier multi-technology EM assembly simulation setup (which comes from the ability to use a single substrate definition for both Momentum and FEM simulators), an improved user interface and a new FEM multithreaded iterative solver that delivers a 2X speed improvement.
• Improved PCB interoperability stemming from a more effective transfer of PCB via Pad stacks and ODB++ import improvements.
In addition to these features, ADS 2011.10 also now supports Agilent’s new 89601B Vector Signal Analysis software, and offers redriver/retimer models for the HSD channel simulator, as well as native ADS 2011 PDK documentation and a sample design kit. Agilent has also significantly improved ease of use and error detection for Desktop LVS.
EMPro 2011.11 Enhancements
Tightly integrated with Agilent’s ADS, EMPro is used to create 3-D models and analyze electrical performance of packages, connectors, antennas and other RF components. The EMPro 2011.11 release builds on advances made available in 2011.07, introducing key improvements to the FEM simulator:
• A fast FEM iterative solver that provides an additional 2X speed improvement (on top of the 2X speedup already realized in the 2011.07 release) for simulations that include internal ports, reflecting Agilent’s ongoing commitment to fast-paced advancements in simulation technology.
• User-defined passive loads capability that allows users to include ideal passive loads directly in a FEM simulation to represent matching circuits and surface-mount components. (The loads are defined in the EM setup environment, which consists of common series and parallel RLC network topologies. This capability enables accurate field visualization results and radiation patterns that take into account passive loads.)
• A fast, two-dimensional port solver that simplifies FEM simulation port setup, allowing users to quickly and easily determine the number of modes, reference impedance and optimum impedance line placement.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
Agilent’s ADS 2011.10 is expected to ship in late October. The EMPro 2011.11 release will be available for download in late October. Pricing for the ADS and EMPro environments start at $8,000 and $7,000, respectively.
More information on ADS 2011.10 and EMPro 2011.11 is available at:
Photos of the new software releases are available at:
For more information visit the company’s website by clicking the link below our logo on this page.