Remcom Announces Updated Version of XFdtd EM Simulation Software with Materials Library and Additional Geometry Modeling Options
State College, PA - July 19, 2011 -- Remcom announces a new version of its electromagnetic simulation software, XFdtd® Release 7 (XF7), updating the product to Release 7.2.1. Notable new features include a standard materials database which is included with the XFdtd installation and the ability to combine SAR results from multiple sources.
The materials library contains over 250 material definitions, most of which are generic conductors and dielectrics commonly used by Remcom’s customers. The library also includes the full catalog of materials from Rogers Corporation, with collections from additional vendors to follow later this year.
Remcom has also added the ability to post-process SAR values from the simulation results of multiple sources, especially important for mobile device manufacturers that need to keep up with next generation LTE requirements.
Other enhancements include:
• XStream acceleration for simulations with Time-dependent Materials
• Antenna diversity, including independent PDFs for E_phi and E_theta
• Enhanced tools for creating and manipulating primitive geometric shapes: Sphere, Cylinder, Cone,
Cuboid, Torus, Pyramid, Prism, Frustum and Helix
• Scaling of voxel models, with options for Modify, Transform, and Scale
• Visualization and creation of Nanometer-scale geometry
• Improved and more automatic convergence control via new options for the Termination Criteria of simulations
• Automatic time domain sampling of results based on Frequency Range of Interest
• Visualization of manual Fixed Points
• Additional context menu items allow more direct access to commonly used functionality (like editing Features)
XF7 is available in both Pro and Bio-Pro versions. Both include XStream GPU acceleration, 32- or 64-bit analysis module, geometric modeler and postprocessor, shared memory multiprocessor (MPM) at eight cores, and a comprehensive variety of 3D CAD import modules. The Bio-Pro version also includes SAR capability and high fidelity human body meshes.
XFdtd users without an active Remcom Professional Support contract can upgrade to the latest version of Release 7 by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the company’s website by clicking the link below our logo on this page.