SANTA CLARA, CA., Mar. 14, 2011 – Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will demonstrate its most recent wireless test and measurement solutions at CTIA WIRELESS 2011, addressing the latest wireless technologies, including LTE, LTE-Advanced, 3GPP W-CDMA, HSPA+, E-EDGE (EDGE Evolution), UMA/GAN, WiMAX™, 802.11ac WLAN, and femtocells.
Agilent’s test and measurement solutions solve many of the challenges engineers face in R&D, manufacturing, installation and maintenance. The challenges encompass developing and delivering innovative products for both current and future demands in the rapidly evolving, hyper-competitive wireless market.
Although testing mobile devices, diagnosing infrastructure and optimizing networks are hidden from consumers, they are critical success factors for wireless manufacturers and operators. Helping the wireless industry deal with the most advanced technologies and standards is a must for test and measurement companies such as Agilent, and a critical factor in the efficient delivery of new capabilities to the consumer.
Agilent will demonstrate the following test and measurement solutions:
• LTE-Advanced waveform generation and analysis, physical layer test using Agilent’s MXG signal generator combined with the newest Signal Studio capability. The solution can perform analysis with the powerful combination of the Agilent PXA signal analyzer and the 89600B vector signal analysis software with LTE-Advanced. One of the design and test challenges of carrier aggregation is the fact that non-contiguous allocations require multiple transmit and receive chains in user equipment and eNBs. For single-band non-contiguous allocations, the PXA’s 140-MHz analysis bandwidth, combined with the simultaneous analysis of multiple component carriers available in the 89600B, offers engineers greater insight because it gives them the ability to test the multiple transmit or receive chains simultaneously.
• Real-time fading test for user equipment using Agilent’s PXB baseband generator and channel emulator and Agilent’s 8960 Series 10 Wireless Communications Test Set. Agilent will show fading applied at baseband digitally, with RF power calibration managed by the PXB. Agilent’s unique test configuration reduces setup time and achieves a better fader signal-to-noise ratio than traditional RF faders, with comparable fading performance, at a fraction of the cost.
• LTE mobile device test in all phases of development. Agilent will show automated testing of handovers between LTE and eHRPD cells according to Verizon’s Inter-RAT compliance test plan with Agilent’s E6621A PXT Wireless Communications Test Set. Testing handover between different radio-access technologies is becoming ever more important in the verification of LTE user equipment as these devices are deployed in 2G, 3G, and 4G environments.
• High-speed, low-cost manufacturing test of LTE mobile devices using Agilent’s Test Sequencer and the new Agilent EXT multi-format test set. The Agilent EXT uses Agilent’s proven X-Series measurement applications that simplify the creation of calibration and verification routines. Sequence Studio software, exclusive to the EXT, dramatically reduces the time it takes to develop and troubleshoot the advanced fast-sequencing test code used in non-signaling test techniques.
• Installation, maintenance and spectrum monitoring of RF systems in the field using Agilent’s powerful new N9344C and N9343C handheld spectrum analyzers and flexible N9912A and N9923A FieldFox RF analyzers. These products are designed to help RF technicians and engineers do more in the field. The handheld spectrum analyzers give the performance of a benchtop instrument for field testing with fast, more precise measurements, ease of use, and a range of user customization and ergonomic features. FieldFox offers seven instruments in one, including the newly released handheld signal generator used for wireless applications.
Agilent will demonstrate its extensive portfolio of innovative wireless design and test solutions covering R&D, conformance and manufacturing at CTIA WIRELESS 2011, Orange County Convention Center (Booth 2231), in Orlando, Fla., March 22-24.
Agilent’s lead technologist specializing in LTE, Moray Rumney, will be among the speakers at the MIMO Expert Forum, March 24, at 10:30 a.m. EST. The topic is “Understanding MIMO OTA Testing: Simple Solution to a Complex Test.”
Additional information on Agilent’s mobile communications test solutions can be found at:
• www.agilent.com/find/HSPA, and