- Buyers Guide
Stellenbosch, South Africa & Darmstadt, Germany, April 14th, 2010, MAGUS (Pty) Ltd, CST - Computer Simulation Technology AG (CST), EMSS - EM Software & Systems-S.A. (Pty) Ltd announce the release of the second major version of Antenna Magus. The number of antenna topologies in the Antenna Magus database has almost doubled since the release of version 1.0. There are now 113 popular antennas available to be designed for a wide variety of objective values. Some of the more popular additions are the bi-quad, the axial choke horn, the travelling wave waveguide slot array, various patch arrays, the Vivaldi and the probe fed cheese.
Many other aspects of Antenna Magus have been improved with additional functionality. One addition is the new Antenna Array Synthesis tool which was added to assist engineers with array synthesis. This tool designs spacings and excitation tapers for a variety of different array topologies, based on performance requirements such as gain, beamwidth or squint angle. The array design can be simulated with isotropic elements or with any one of several typical patterns. The designed spacings, excitation taper and patterns are ready for export to FEKO and CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®.
“The response of the market to Antenna Magus Version 1.0 has been very positive. We have received a lot of valuable feedback from customers that has been used in developing the antennas and improvements implemented in Antenna Magus Version 2.0,” stated Sam Clarke, Managing Director, MAGUS (Pty) Ltd. “We are confident that version 2 will add as much value to the end-user as the introduction of this tool did in version 1.0”
Highlights of Antenna Magus 2.0:
• Antenna Array Synthesis tool
• 113 antennas in the database
• Major analysis speedups of over 50 antennas. A number of antennas run > 100 times faster
• Exporting reports and numeric graph data
• Side-by-side comparison of antenna “info docs”
• More modeling options when exporting to FEKO and CST MICROWAVE STUDIO
• Substrate library redesign
• Selection of antennas also export to TICRA’s CHAMP, an additional CEM tool
• Major user interaction improvements
Antenna Magus Version 2.0 is immediately available and can be purchased through any CST or FEKO reseller.