- Buyers Guide
Agilent's LTE test solutions for design validation and optimization, verification, prototype production and manufacturing of LTE transmitters, receivers and components now support the March 2009 3GPP LTE standard release. Agilent is on track with the latest LTE standard releases and features flexible measurements, better measurement speed and exceptional performance. Agilent's solutions are designed to accelerate LTE design and test for next-generation mobile communications products.
"Agilent has been shipping LTE test equipment since 2006 with LTE-compliant solutions addressing the development lifecycle," said Ron Nersesian senior vice president and general manager of Agilent's Electronic Measurement Group "Our compliance with the March 2009 version of the LTE standard continues to demonstrate our commitment and should further empower engineers to develop and deploy LTE compliant products."
Agilent's March 2009 3GPP LTE standard-compliant LTE test solutions include:
ο Agilent N9080/82A LTE Measurement Applications, available on Agilent X-Series signal analyzers, brings physical layer testing of uplink (SC-FDMA) and downlink (OFDMA) LTE signals in a single solution to the test rack. The N9080/82A measurement applications support LTE FDD and LTE TDD (as a beta release), respectively.
* Modulation analysis and one-button power measurements.
* Support E-UTRA test models.
* All LTE bandwidths (1.4 MHz to 20 MHz).
* All LTE modulation types and sequences -- BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM and 64QAM, CAZAC (Zadoff-Chu).
* The industry's most comprehensive embedded solutions with hardkey/softkey and SCPI programming user interface.
When coupled with the industry-leading speed of Agilent's X-Series signal analyzers, Agilent MXA and EXA, the N9080/82A offer some of the fastest LTE measurements in the market essential for LTE design verification, conformance and early manufacturing test.
ο The Agilent 89600 vector signal analysis (VSA) software provides:
* Comprehensive physical layer evaluation and troubleshooting of LTE FDD and TDD signals for R&D.
* TDD and FDD capabilities feature MIMO analysis and advanced uplink and downlink evaluation tools supporting all LTE bandwidths, modulation formats and sequences, signals and channels.
* Simplified tracking of the behavior of the complex LTE signal across multiple displays by adding titles to marker values and color-coding traces by signal type, channel type, MIMO layer and receive channel.
* Accessibility to the LTE signal anywhere in the radio block diagram through signal analyzers, scopes and logic analyzers.
ο The Agilent N7624B Signal Studio for 3GPP FDD and Agilent N7625B Signal Studio for 3GPP LTE TDD are powerful software tools that create standards-based uplink and downlink LTE signals optimized for the Agilent ESG and Agilent MXG vector signal generators. The waveform playback mode of the software creates physical layer LTE signals with transport channel coding ideally suited for measuring EVM, ACLR and CCDF of power amplifiers as well as measuring BLER and functional characteristics receivers and baseband chipsets.
The N7624B Signal Studio software for 3GPP LTE FDD also creates uplink real-time LTE signals when used with the Agilent PXB MIMO receiver tester. Real-time feedback from the eNB under test enables dynamic control of HARQ and RF frame timing required for performing the closed loop throughput measurements outlined performance requirements conformance tests in the LTE specification.
ο Agilent W1910EP/ET LTE Baseband Verification Library, available in Agilent SystemVue, provides a highly configurable Layer 1 baseband reference blockset in the simulation environment. It allows system architects, algorithm developers and hardware to generate precise test vectors to verify LTE signal processing blocks as they move through implementation from algorithm to hardware to test. This puts Agilent reference IP inside the signal processing chain to accelerate the baseband design process. Support for the March 2009 standard with HARQ is expected in mid-September 2009.
About Agilent 3GPP LTE Test
Along with its partners, Agilent provides a broad, comprehensive portfolio of solutions that address the entire UE LTE and eNB lifecycle -- from early development through production test and deployment. Using knowledge gained as a member of the various standards committees, Agilent's design engineers are developing scalable products with best-in-class measurement techniques. LTE TDD is aligned with TD-SCDMA. LTE, or Long Term Evolution, is a fourth generation (4G) mobile broadband standard and is aimed to be the successor to the 3G technologies GSM.