- Buyers Guide
Chandler, AZ – Rogers will showcase its extensive experience and capabilities in printed electronics and lighting solutions at the Printed Electronics Europe 2009 show (Booth #39), April 7-8, in Dresden, Germany.
Rogers' Durel Division has over 20 years experience in printed electronics and electroluminescent (EL) lighting solutions. Rogers has the proven capability of delivering over one million EL cell phone key pads per week and over one million EL auto instrument clusters per year.
Rogers offers comprehensive capabilities in screen-printed electronics, achieving feature resolution as fine as 0.1 mm. Print registration is controlled with ±0.2-mm precision. Rogers fabricates double-sided and multilayer designs according to customer requirements, drawing from design expertise located in its US technology center and low-cost, high-volume manufacturing facility in China.
Rogers ' screen-printed electronic services, which include precision conversion, assembly, and test capabilities, are backed by the company's strong global sales engineering and technical service support. By taking advantage of its strategically located warehouses for circuit materials, Rogers' Durel Division delivers timely printed electronic solutions worldwide.
Offered substrates include PET and PET laminates, PEN, polyimide, copper and aluminum foil, paper, aluminum and AISiC. Applications across various markets include sensors, medical electrodes, thermal/electrical conductive adhesives, thin batteries, logic/memory interconnects, screen printed PET/PEN PCBs, antennas, smart packaging and heaters.
Rogers will shine a light on its 20 years of experience in developing innovative solutions in energy efficient, electroluminescent (EL) backlighting systems and EL drivers. Booth visitors can learn more about Rogers' highly reliable thermal transfer and screen printing technologies for selectively animated lighting used in a wide range of markets. Rogers' new lighting solutions, using DUREL® EL technology, is ideal for Point-Of-Purchase (POP) and transit displays for the out-of-home (OOH) advertising market.
Rogers will also introduce the durELgloTM Finishing Center model. Rogers' new technologies will give any graphics printer the ability to produce thin, animated, compelling backlit signs that command a premium from advertisers and allow them to be a premier finishing center with the following benefits:
• Easy to produce – Using Rogers' proprietary EL materials, any graphics printer can produce bright, effective backlit signs using familiar printing processes.
• From POP to Transit – The EL substrate is available in roll widths of 15" up to 30". These can be further assembled into much larger areas using simple lamination and assembly techniques enabling all sizes of OOH advertising to be backlit.
• Short Leadtime – Rogers' lighting solution allows the graphics printer to go from Design to Sign in moments.
• No Setup Costs – The thermal printing system enables low volume runs by eliminating high setup costs. You can print one, hundreds, or thousands of units.
• "Green" – Rogers' EL substrates and lamps are environmentally friendly and contain no heavy metals.
Rogers ' Durel Division also provides lighting solutions for wireless communications, portable electronics, and automotive backlighting applications. DUREL EL lighting products are complete solutions that include lamps and driver ICs based on patented phosphor technology. Leveraging Rogers' expertise and experience in materials and circuit printing, these devices incorporate proprietary low-noise circuit designs that make them ideal for noise-sensitive applications.
For more information on Rogers' printed electronics and lighting solutions, visit the company's website at www.rogerscorp.com/durel.