- Buyers Guide
Agilent Technologies Enhances Full Drive Test Functionality with Industry's Smallest WiMAX™ Scanning Solution
A commercial WiMAX CPE and Agilent's E6474A network optimization platform with option E6474-655 enables this new mode of operation. A single WiMAX CPE can be used either in "Phone" mode as a standard WiMAX CPE or in "Scanning Mode," providing dedicated RF measurements on up to 10 channels. For each channel, a Preamble Index Decode, BSID, RSSI, CINR and MAC messages are reported for the dominant, visible server(s), providing a comprehensive view of the surrounding network.
"Our new WiMAX scanning functionality enables the subscriber device to be used as a dedicated scanner," said Jonathan Dunbar, general manager of Agilent's Drive Test business. "This delivers the Wireless industry's smallest and most cost-effective solution for basic WiMAX coverage and signal quality assessment."
Benefits of the Agilent E6474A Drive Test WiMAX Scanning Mode
* Small size: Smallest, lightest WiMAX scanning solution available - ideal for indoor testing.
* "Phone" and "Scanner" capability: Single WiMAX CPE can be used as a phone to validate WiMAX service performance and as a scanner to assess WiMAX coverage and signal quality.
* Ease of use: Single solution addresses multiple optimization tasks.
* Future-proof of investment: Same software license used for the WiMAX Scanning Mode also enables WiMAX measurements for the W1314A Receivers; simply add a WiMAX-capable W1314A receiver when more advanced troubleshooting is needed.
* Advanced troubleshooting capabilities: Increased measurement speeds, greater multicarrier support and dedicated interference and spectrum analyzer modes.
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The Agilent E6474A Scanning Mode feature
Information about Agilent's E6474A WiMAX Drive Test