- Buyers Guide
CST Previews 2009 Version of CST STUDIO SUITE
Design engineers use CST STUDIO SUITE products to solve electromagnetic problems, utilizing the most appropriate solver technology, sophisticated import filters, and automated optimization and parametric studies. Users will experience numerous enhancements when switching to version 2009, including transient EM/circuit co-simulation using the recently acquired Linmic circuit simulation technology, MPI-based parallelization for the fast solution to large problems on clusters, and the porting of the user interface to 64 bit in order to handle the increasing complexity of imported models. In addition, CST STUDIO SUITE will be enhanced by two new members: CST PCB STUDIO™ and CST CABLE STUDIO™.
“CST STUDIO SUITE has been developed to meet the evolving simulation needs of our customers,” said Bernhard Wagner, managing director, sales & marketing, CST. “We have extended our product range while enhancing the performance of all our solutions, using feedback from the market place and pioneering numerical methods to keep us on track for the future.”
Key new features in CST STUDIO SUITE 2009
New products for SI and EMC analysis
• CST PCB STUDIO and CST CABLE STUDIO are fully integrated in CST DESIGN ENVIRONMENT™. Results can be used in CST MWS as field sources for further evaluation. New and enhanced solver technology
• True transient 3D EM/circuit co-simulation using LINMIC technology with CST MWS
• Transient thermal solver to simulate the heating process
• Bio-heat equation for realistic modeling of physiological cooling
• Significant performance increase in Integral Equation solver, particularly for structures smaller than 20 wavelengths
• Mesh snaps to geometry. The mesh adaption of tetrahedral frequency domain solver not only refines the mesh, but also improves the geometry approximation.
• 64 bit front-end and MPI-based parallelization for the handling of very large and complex structures
• User interface optimized for productivity
• Bend sheet operation for conformal modeling
• Improved user/modeler interaction