Millimeter-wave Measurements Using Converters of the R&S ZVA Family
The R&S®ZVA-Z110 converters from Rohde & Schwarz offer the following features:
• The converters feature an integrated attenuator (power adjusting screw) by which the output power of the waveguide test port can be controlled manually.
• Using a suitable waveguide power sensor, you can perform power calibration of the analyzer's reference and measurement receivers. You can then carry out calibrated measurements of wave quantities by means of these receivers. Compared with a direct measurement using a power meter, the measurement performed with the analyzer offers wider dynamic range and higher measurement speed.
• By combining the above two features, you can accurately set the power of the stimulus signal by manual control.
• The converters are shaped so that the screw-connected flange joints are easily accessible.
• The converters come with two exchangeable test port adapters, which makes them compatible with a variety of waveguides.
• The converters can be set up on four or three feet, or using no feet at all, depending on requirements. Using three feet greatly facilitates alignment of the test port flange.
• The converters are of compact design, which facilitates their use in wafer probers and with other applications where space is at a premium.
• The converters are cooled passively, i.e. without using a fan. This is of advantage in particle-sensitive environments; plus, it ensures silent operation.
• The converters come with a storage box to protect them during periods of non-use.
• A special converter control software option available for the R&S®ZVA and R&S®ZVT20 allows the fast and easy configuration of typical measurement tasks. After you have selected the converter type and the cabling scheme, the unit performs all other settings automatically, including all frequency conversion ratios as well as the selection of the test port type (e.g. WR10) and the calibration kit.