- Buyers Guide
Remcom announced an update to its electromagnetic simulation software, XFdtd® Release 7 (XF7), with expanded import functionality and specialized options for biological EM applications. This update, Release 7.2.2, also features enhanced functionality for Remcom’s unique CAD Merge capability, with support for printed circuit board (PCB) models now included.
In addition to existing formats, the Virtual Population, ICRP, and NICT voxel models can now be imported for biological studies of radiation exposure to human voxel phantoms. And, import of all voxel types now automatically assigns correct biological materials, reducing the time to simulation. Significant SAR statistics have been added to XF7 as well, including mass, dissipated power, and mean SAR over regions.
Remcom has also added XF7’s popular CAD Merge functionality to its ODB++ PCB import, allowing retention of modifications to the PCB that were applied previously to avoid rework. Additional ODB++ improvements allow easy removal of unnecessary geometry outside the PCB substrate during import.
Other enhancements in Release 7.2.2 include:
• Improved speed performance for loading very large projects
• Static solver can now be used in conjunction with XStream GPU Acceleration simulations
• Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) and Time Domain Transmission (TDT) output types for signal integrity applications
• Group Delay output type for analyzing distortion data during device design
• Additional materials in the Materials Library
• Ability to edit a Material's Notes
XF7 is available in both Pro and Bio-Pro versions. Both include XStream GPU acceleration, 32- or 64-bit analysis module, geometric modeler and postprocessor, shared memory multiprocessor (MPM) at eight cores, and a comprehensive variety of 3D CAD import modules. The Bio-Pro version also includes SAR capability and high fidelity human body meshes.
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.