- Buyers Guide
Aerospace & Defense Electronics Supplement
Early Returns: U.S. Export Control Reform Positive
A&D Test & Measurement
Efficient Design and Analysis of Airborne Radomes
RFMD’s RFHA1000 GaN Power IC (PIC) is a wideband power amplifier designed for continuous wave and pulsed applications, such as military communications, electronic warfare, wireless infrastructure, radar, two-way radios and general purpose amplification.
Using an advanced high power density Gallium Nitride (GaN) semiconductor process, this high performance amplifier achieves high efficiency, flat gain and power over a large instantaneous bandwidth in a single amplifier design. This GaN discrete amplifier is 50Ω input-matched, and packaged in a small form factor 5 x 6 mm SOIC-8 outline air cavity ceramic package that provides excellent thermal stability through the use of advanced heat sink and power dissipation technologies.
Ease of integration is accomplished through the incorporation of an optimized input matching network within the package that provides wideband gain and power performance in a single amplifier. An external output match offers the flexibility of further optimizing power and efficiency for any sub-band within the overall bandwidth.
• Advanced GaN HEMT and Heat Sink Technology
• Input Internally Matched to 50Ω
• 28 V Operation, Output Power of 15 W
• 50 to 1000 MHz Instantaneous Bandwidth
• Gain 17 dB
• Power Added Efficiency 60 percent
• Large-Signal Models Available
• EAR99 export control
• Milcom, Public Mobile Radio
• Electronic Warfare
• Power Amplifier Stage for Commercial Wireless Infrastructure
• Civilian and Military Radar
• General Purpose Tx Amplification
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.