- Buyers Guide
Aerospace & Defense Electronics Supplement
Early Returns: U.S. Export Control Reform Positive
A&D Test & Measurement
Efficient Design and Analysis of Airborne Radomes
Remcom announced an updated version of its electromagnetic simulation software, XFdtd Release 7 (XF7), which includes several geometric modeling additions and new performance efficiencies. The upgrade, which updates the software to Release 7.2, contains enhancements that simplify and speed overall usability:
• Additional modeling capabilities that enable more precise control over cut geometries when sketching complex models
• Simplified sampling interval settings for Frequencies of Interest (DFT)
• Simulations using averaged materials now exploit XStream GPU acceleration technology
• XFSolver intelligently records which XStream devices are being used for simulations, allowing multiple simultaneous XStream simulations on a single machine
• Performance of Broadband Far-Zone (previously known as Transient Far-Zone) computations have been dramatically improved
• Additional efficiencies in CAD import, particularly for large models with many assemblies
• Improved performance for simulations with large amounts of steady-state field data
XF7 is available in both Pro and Bio-Pro versions. Both include XStream GPU acceleration, 32- or 64-bit analysis module, geometric modeler and postprocessor, shared memory multiprocessor (MPM) at eight cores, and a comprehensive variety of 3D CAD import modules. The Bio-Pro version also includes SAR capability and high fidelity human body meshes.
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.