- Buyers Guide
Military Microwaves Supplement
AWR Corp., a leader in high frequency EDA, announced the commercial release of its 2010 Visual System Simulator™ (VSS) software. The release offers new capabilities that increase productivity for RF system designers, including time delay neural network (TDNN™) advanced amplifier behavioral models for capturing memory effects and measurement data interchange format (MDIF) model support, as well as a new phased array element for radar design engineers. Additionally, enhancements have been made to the VSS RFA™ architect tool plus new communication models and signal processing blocks have been added.
Key features in VSS 2010:
•TDNN (time delay neural network)-based models:
• New circuit-based nonlinear behavioral model for VSS that can capture memory effects in power amplifiers
• Turbo decoders:
• Support for turbo codes used in 3G/4G standards
• cdma2000, IS856, WiMAX and LTE
• Library/components that can be used for decoding of custom turbo codes
• Third party integrations:
• R&S WinIQSIM2 waveform generation software integration
• Support for all standards and variants within VSS, including export to R&S K96 for OFDM standards analysis
• MATLAB® co-simulation
Get access to premium content and e-newsletters by registering on the web site. You can also subscribe to Microwave Journal magazine.