- Buyers Guide
Agilent Unveils ADS 2011 for Multi-technology Design
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced it has begun unveiling the highly anticipated next release of its Advanced Design System (ADS) flagship RF design software. ADS 2011 delivers breakthrough capabilities for multi-technology design inherent in today’s RF System-in-Package (SiP) components.
Existing Agilent customers and partners, including foundries and component vendors, are invited to join the ADS 2011 Early Access Program beginning next month. They also can meet with Agilent EEsof experts to discuss ADS 2011 at European Microwave Week 2010, September 26-October 1, Paris, France, CNIT La Défense, Booth 62/46 or the Compound Semiconductor IC Symposium, October 5-6, Monterey, CA.
“A few years back, we began sharing our RF module and multi-technology design challenges with Agilent,” said Hongxiao Shao, Design Automation Manager at Skyworks Solutions. “Since that time, we’ve worked closely to shape a solution. I am excited about the direction Agilent is taking, impressed with the new ADS 2011 capabilities I’ve seen, and eagerly looking forward to the early access release.”
“With ADS 2011, we’re addressing the most challenging design complexity and integration needs of leading-edge commercial wireless and aerospace/defense companies,” said Mark Pierpoint Vice President and General Manager at Agilent. “Customers will find that this release, almost two years in the making, enables them to design multi-technology RF System-in-Package modules and perform complex EM simulations -- all with greater ease and greater speed. The breakthroughs in ADS 2011 are literally raising the benchmark for RF EDA.”
New capabilities in ADS 2011 include:
• true multi-technology RF design, which enables co-design with multiple technologies (board, laminate, package, module and IC);
• a use-model that makes EM simulation (via Momentum and FEM) easy for every engineer;
• EM technologies for improved speed, accuracy and convergence;
• load-pull capabilities for faster, better matching-circuit design from measured data;
• layout improvements that make physical design in ADS easier than ever; and
• dozens of additional capabilities and improvements for all ADS users.
Agilent will debut ADS 2011 on the Web and at live events around the world (e.g., Agilent EEsof EDA users-group meetings, design forums and seminars) in November and December. ADS 2011 is expected to ship in early 2011.